- Alien Terrains featured on the cover and inside of Place Magazine, the Australian Institute of Architects bi-monthly publication, issue #47
- Solo exhibition, Alien Terrains, at Prospect Gallery
- Awarded Australian Postgraduate Award to complete Masters by Research in Visual Arts and Univeristy of SA
- Awarded ArtsSA Strategic Presentation Grant for solo exhibition at Prospect Gallery
- Awarded Special Arts Grant by Port Adelaide Enfield Council in support of solo exhibition at Prospect Gallery
- Ox-Bow work highlighted in publication - VIDEO + GLASS: Bridging studio glass and new media through the study of optical devices presented by Kim Harty at the Issues in Glass Pedagogy Symposium at UrbanGlass, Brooklyn, New York,
- Attended Ox-Bow School of Art, Michigan USA for course Survivalist Shorts
- Author, Exhibition Catalogue Essay for Geographica Exhibition, Light Square Gallery
- Attended Ox-Bow School of Art, Michigan USA for course Video+Glass: Optics of the Lens
- Awarded the Leroy Neiman Foundation Scholarship, Ox-Bow School of Art, Michigan, USA
- Finalist, Libris Awards, Mackay Artspace
- First overseas exhibition Transitions, at Schingoethe Museum and Art Gallery, Aurora University, Illinois, USA, 5 February – 29 March
- Just completed my first critique for the MFA this morning (6 December). All went well, very encouraging feedback with strong guidance from a great panel of faculty and art historians.
- Now in Chicago!
- Lots of generous donations have come in over the last few weeks - this is a HUGE help and will be put to good use towards my tuition costs. THANK YOU to all my wonderful supporters!
- Ian Potter Cultural Trust have generously awarded me a grant towards my studies in Chicago.
- Further (and final MFA update) - SAIC have awarded Andrea the New Artist Society Scholarship through the Printmedia Department. Andrea has gratefully accepted and will commence her studies in August 2012.
- Another MFA update - seems both the School of the Art Institute in Chicago (SAIC) and California College of the Arts (CCA) are keen to have Andrea attend. Both offered Scholarships to her during the last week, with CCA offering their highly competitive Yozo Hamaguchi Printmaking Scholarship. So it seems she has a big decision to make. Stay tuned for the final verdict!!!
- MFA update - since being accepted to California College of the Arts, more news has come in that Andrea has now been accepted into the prestigious School of the Art Institute in Chicago. This is a considerable accomplishment as "only applicants whose work demonstrates extraordinary potential and promise are accepted into this program".
- Chosen as a Finalist in the Swan Hill Print and Drawing Acquisitive Awards to be held at the Swan Hill Regional Art Gallery from 12 May to 8 July 2012.
- Studio Sale - if you're in Adelaide, grab a bargain. Items for sale include Fine Art Printmaking Papers, Folios, Zinc and Copper Plates, Brushes, Disposable Gloves and Etching Inks. Details here